Donnerstag, 5. Juni 2008

The adventure begins

So, the day is rapidly approaching on which we will leave Germany for Ireland. I will have been here for 13 years and 5 months when we leave. It's hard to believe how short a time it seems since February 1995 but after 4 years in Frankfurt, 3 years and 10 months in Munich, 1 year and 3 months in Frankfurt again and 4 years and 4 months in Weiterstadt, I guess I have been around here for long enough.

The question every Irish person asks me is 'Why are you guys moving to Ireland', as if it was an undertaking of the utmost severity or as if Ireland had only recently been discovered and was still being ruled by barbarian hordes.
Most Germans on the other hand say 'God, I wish I was going with you', which is a bit more like it, I have to say.

The answer of course is - we are moving to Ireland because we want to. We have been thinking about it for a long time and sometime last year we decided we were definitely going to try it. We have no idea what to expect but we are prepared for all eventualities, including packing up and getting out of there if the Mayo weather doesn't start behaving itself.

That's all for now, I gotta do some work to pay for this moving madness.

More later

Noel

1 Kommentar:

Katie hat gesagt…

Well said Baby!;o)