Freitag, 15. August 2008

Ryanair and other useless inventions

Yes, it’s almost time to fly home again and I am really looking forward to my weekly trip with the world’s favourite, cheapest and most punctual airline. Well it must be all of the aforementioned things because
1) Everybody’s talking about them.
2) According to their ads, they are going to start paying me to keep flying with them.
3) They are never late, because they add an extra 20 minutes to the arrival time
( every eejit knows that it doesn’t take 90 minutes to fly from Stansted to Knock )

Enough of that, there are other people doing the bitching for me. By the way, check out the book ‘Ruinair’ by Paul Kilduff. Hilarious !

So, my schedule for the last few weeks has looked like this

Saturday mornings
Düsseldorf – Shannon, with my favourite airline ( it’s not really Düsseldorf but if Hahn airport can be described as Frankfurt when it’s 120 km away who am I to complain about Weeze when it’s only 70 km from Düsseldorf )
Shannon – Claremorris, with CIE
Claremorris – Home, with Katja, my favourite chauffeur who also happens to be my wife

Tuesday mornings
Home – Shannon, with Katja
Shannon – Weeze, with God’s own airline, also happens to be my favourite
Weeze – Work, with Deutsche Bahn, no low prices here and no frills either

Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Work as many hours as I can and sleep all the other hours.

However, next week I have a treat in store. After the usual Saturday morning Ryanair excursion, I am returning with Aer Lingus on Monday morning. It will be interesting to compare notes on our 2 biggest airlines.
I will then be returning on Thursday evening, again with Aer Lingus as Ryanair doesn’t have a flight at a time that suits me. If this works out that will be my regular schedule for the next few weeks; sorry Mick ( Michael O’ Leary, head-honcho with Ryanair ), but I guess if you already have € 600 million you don’t need to worry about my € 29.99, oops, I forgot the taxes and the other hidden costs.

Anyway, apart from all of that, we are settling in nicely in Ireland, our Au-Pair, Regina, arrived 3 weeks ago and she has been great. The kids seem to be having a good time, although Ronya complains that she misses ‘home’ quite a bit. I am hoping she will feel more at home when she starts school in a few weeks. We are picking up our car this weekend, ( we’ve been using a rental up to now, and no, Michael O’Leary didn’t make any money on this deal, he’s in partnership with Hertz, so we went to Budget ) and then we just have to get it insured, which should be a lot of fun .
So, all in all, things are pretty good and we are beginning to feel as if we belong in Mayo.
The weather has been lousy but we kind of expected that so any good day we get is a bonus.
Will have to go now as I need to catch a train to Weeze;
Ryanair’s new regulations stipulate that you must be within 10 km of the airport of departure at least 10 hours before flight-time, so if I hurry I might just make it.

Watch this spot for the next update and , remember, why bother paying big money for a flight when you can fly with Mick and his Gang and get ripped-off anyway.

Noel

5 Kommentare:

Teresa hat gesagt…

So you didn't say for how long you would be on this crazy schedule. Is their any end in site. We may need you to be going to court for us here soon, so I am glad you are still in Germany some of the time.
I am glad you guys got an o'pair. :) I hope that she works for you all.

How is Katja liking Ireland? I bet Ronya is really missing her life their in Weiterstadt. She had a lot of good friends.
Oh, one more thing. Did you get a car that has the steering wheel on the wrong side?

Birgit hat gesagt…

hilarious...

good to see that you don't get bored while travelling

:-)) Birgit

Anonym hat gesagt…

ich hab die ersten beiden sätze gelesen, kein wort verstanden und da hab ich es gelassen, aber: schön noel, schön! xD

Anonym hat gesagt…

"jo" meinte ich

Anonym hat gesagt…

Ich beziehe mich nicht auf Noels Text, es ist eben wie es ist, sondern will auf diesem Wege Katja zu ihrem Geburtstag herzlichst gratulieren. Also alles Gute, meine Große, Gesundheit und starke Nerven wünscht Dir Kumi